FOur Advanced Certificate in Professional Veterinary Nursing (Surgical) will enable you to take your surgical nursing skills to the next level and if you decide to complete the Diploma down the track – it will give you internal credit too!
Utilising the surgical related subjects from our Diploma of Veterinary Nursing (Surgical), this professional development course ensures you graduate with the same clinical and surgical knowledge as one of our Diploma students. Fully equipping you to nurse advanced surgical cases and provide assistance to veterinary surgeons, this course will open doors for you.
Studying our Advanced Certificate of Professional Veterinary Nursing (Surgical) means you will grow your skills and knowledge in:
- Advanced orthopaedic procedures
- Complicated thoracic cases
- Neurosurgical procedures
- Wound care and bandaging
- Soft tissue surgery and reconstruction.
Some of the key areas you’ll master include:
- Advanced anaesthetic monitoring
- Scrubbing in to assist the surgeon with surgical procedures
- Nursing complex cases with intensive needs such as feeding tubes, chest drains, etc.