This course is your stepping-stone to the ACM20117 Certificate II in Animal Studies or ACM30117 III in Animal Studies if you’re not yet ready to commit to a full qualification. It’s a great way to test out if online learning is for you, and if veterinary nursing is really what you want to do. We’ll show you how great this career is and introduce you to what it is to be an ACVN Veterinary Nurse.In this short course, you’ll learn all about veterinary nursing as a career and what to expect, animal handling techniques and some great foundation nursing knowledge all about looking after hospitalised patients. There are no written or practical assessments to complete. You will complete online Learning Activities (quizzes) to test and show your knowledge.
Once you complete this short course, we can transfer your Learning Activity results as internal credits to both the ACM20117 Certificate II in Animal Studies and ACM30117 III in Animal Studies programs. You won’t need to repeat any work from the subjects that you have already done. You’ll cement your learning through completing the written assessments and performing work placement once you do enrol in a qualification. If you’re lucky enough to gain employment in a clinic to enrol on the ACM40412 Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing, we can also apply the internal credits.
Please note: There is no practical placement required for this course.
What subjects are in this course?
Course InclusionsYour course cost includes:-
- 6 months of online access to complete your course (extensions available for when life gets busy)
- Access to Nurse Educators via Student Assist (phone, live chat & email 6 days a week)
- Printed Learner’s Guide and all reading materials
- Range of self testing automarked activities to check your learning
- Printed Certificate of Achievement upon passing
- Internal credit of learning activities towards our qualification programs with the same subjects.