STUDENT WELLBEING COACH
Cht, Dip App Sci, Mas NLP
So you’ve done some Time blocking and put together a schedule to fit in your 12-15 hours of study each week – well done!
The next step is ensuring that you follow through on this plan by creating appropriate motivation and a positive mindset to get it done.
Key things that can help you with this include:
Reviewing your time blocking schedule the day prior so you know what time you need to start / finish your study (Eg/ 2pm – 5pm with a short break)
Ensure you do things to get yourself in a good mental and physical space to study 15-25 minutes before your allocated start time, as you would do when showing up for work. This could include:
- making sure you have eaten and are hydrated 🍎 💧
- going to the toilet / stretching / preparing your body 🚽 🤸
- setting up your space so it is tidy, feels welcoming and actually invites you to want to sit down and do your study 🪴 📚 😊
- putting on music, an essential oil diffuser or things that inspire you or create focus 🎧 🎶
- if you are doing short bursts of study (eg. 40mins) set a timer on your phone to remind you when to take a break ⏱🎗
- if you are doing longer stints (2hrs) set a timer so you move, stretch and have water to refresh yourself at the end of this ⏰ 🚶
Afterwards, reflect on how your study went. Were you focused and productive? If not, what might have helped you to create more of that?
- And finally celebrate!
If you followed through on your planned study hours, consider things you can put in place for yourself as rewards the more consistently you meet your goals
- E.g. watch a movie, social outing with friends, have a nice long bath 🛀 🎥