What topics will we cover?
- TOPIC 1 – Biopsies & Mass Removals
- TOPIC 2 – Ophthalmic Surgery
- TOPIC 3 – Gastrointestinal Surgical Procedures
- TOPIC 4 – Other Abdominal Surgical Procedures
- TOPIC 5 – Aural Surgeries
- TOPIC 6 – Complications of Surgery
$279.95 inc. GST
AVNAT Registration Points: 5
Intermediate Level: This course is useful for those with at least a few years of clinical experience, and those more experienced nurses wanting to expand their knowledge.
Similar in structure to Orthopaedic Surgical Nursing, this subject will look at various soft tissue procedures and what is involved in the procedure, patient preparation, assisting in surgery, instrumentation required, and how to nurse the cases post-operatively. Procedures covered include cystotomy, enterotomy, mast cell tumor removal, various -pexy procedures, shunt related procedures and large wound reconstructive surgeries. Students will also learn about ophthalmic nursing.
This course has been accredited for 5 points under the AVNAT Scheme.